Monday, September 10, 2007

a. Haynes' introduction.

In an over-extended period of teenage angst and grief, I currently reside in Chicago, Illinois enrolled in Columbia College to study Film and Writing. "Might as well chase the dream for a couple years, right?" as I say to anyone who frowns upon my impractical life choices. Might as well chase it for a couple years before fiscal priorities slap my sack and I collapse in my own puddle of exhaust and worthlessness before I trudge back to Rochester to teach a lower form of English at the high school I attended to a room full of underprivileged minorities who ain't got no time to read or write when they gotta be pullin' a double shift to help support their baby-mama until I retire or, more likely, commit suicide in my parents' basement.

Might as well.

My reason for partaking in this snob fest? Well, for one, I'm a snob. For two, I'm studying film and should probably keep my brain gears turning in regards to my opinions and general reactions to the motion pictures. For three, it's a good open forum to keep Alex and phil in check and make sure I have every opportunity to let them know when they're wrong. For four, I have a review journal up at rottentomatoes (check it hurr) which has, as of late, sort of fallen through the cracks as I divert my attention to school projects and the presumptuously vague attempt at profundity and self-expression that is a... blooog... and, well, I would like to get it all started up again. I hope that this'll help jump start that desire.

My taste in movies is admittedly scattered and inconsistent so... bear with me.

-a. Haynes

P.S. - Also, this'll blow your mind.

No comments: