Sunday, September 9, 2007

phil's Introduction

Hey. My name's phillip low, and I'm a playwright/theatrical producer in Minneapolis. Of particularly revelant interest may be the fact that I'm also an evaluator for the Ivey Awards (sort of the local equivalent of the Tonys) as well as a blogger for the Minnesota Fringe Festival, which means that I'm already fairly accustomed to seeing and reviewing a lot of entertainment. My main claim to fame is as the founder of Maximum Verbosity, the theatre troupe that all three of us have belonged to at one point or another.

For me, the main reason behind creating this site is that the three of us are a bunch of film snobs who have been having an ongoing argument about movies for many years now. But we've all moved to different places -- Chicago, Minneapolis, and Rochester -- and this is a space for us to continue that argument, as well as a space for us to think out loud about the things that entertain us.

As for whether or not that's interesting to anybody else? Only time will tell. But let's fire up the desktop and enter the typing fray, enh?

No comments: